“This art can be practiced by young or old, weak or strong, firm or infirm, irrespective of gender and under any climatic conditions.
However, the practice must be done according to the requirements of the individual, the circumstances, and temperament.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
We encourage students to attend classes on a regular/weekly basis. A prolonged study at every level leads towards a steadfast progress in the art and science of yoga.
Level I (1hr 15 mins)
Beginners, as well as those who have done yoga but are unfamiliar with the Iyengar style or have lapsed in their practice. The classes cover basic standing and sitting asanas, and preparatory for Inversions, such as Salamba Sarvangasana (shoulder stand).
Level II (1hr 15 mins)
Once you become more or less proficient in the basic classes and are able to come up into Salamba Sarvangasana (shoulderstand) on your own, you may be allowed to join the Level II classes.
General (1hr 30 mins)
A MIXED LEVEL class open to LEVEL I and LEVEL II students. Students with less than 3 months of regular practice are recommended to attend LEVEL 1 and/or INTRODUCTORY SERIES.
Gentle (1hr 30 mins)
This slower-paced class is taught with more modifications and props to accommodate students (not limited to seniors) who require a softer, well-supported and restore practice. Restorative asanas and sequences soothe the nerves and enable emotional stability in long run.
Introductory (1hr 30 mins)
An Introductory Series (8 sessions) is the ideal place to start your yoga practice. Learn the fundamentals of Iyengar yoga in a systematic manner, and build up your strength and understanding while learning how to use your body. This course is a good basis for beginners.
Group Practice (45 mins)
This group practice will be opened to regular practitioners who attend at least two classes a week. Practice sequences to be given during class. Students may attend this class online or in the classroom. Permission to participate in this practice is at the discretion of the teacher.
We offer different class levels and packages.
The package can be spent on classes. Standard, Plus, Premier and Introductory students are entitled for special discount on workshops and products (*except for promotional items).
UEN number: 53406252X
Entity name: BKS Iyengar Yoga Studio
You may make Cash payment, iBanking or PayNow.
For payment via PayNow,
1) You must have registered the PayNow service
2) Login to your internet banking mobile app
3) Scan the QR code on this page, or enter our UEN number: 53406252X
4) Verify the entity name: BKS Iyengar Yoga Studio
5) Enter the amount
6) Indicate the membership plan you intend to purchase as the Bill Reference
7) Click “Confirm / OK / Send Payment” to complete the payment
- All packages and products sold are non-cancellable, non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Payment and Registration must happen before CLASS begins. Students who come for their first visit after the start of CLASS will be turned away. The Student Registration and Release of Liability form must be completed before CLASS starts to be admitted.
- Cancellation must be made 3 hours before CLASS for a full refund unless waitlisted students are able to make it in time to take over your spot.
- Prepayment is required in full at the time of registration to reserve your space for a WORKSHOP. The Student Registration and Release of Liability form must be completed before WORKSHOP starts to be admitted.
- Refunds are not given for WORKSHOP cancellations, however, a student may find a replacement provided that the replacement student meets the experience level required of the workshop. Permission to attend the WORKSHOP is at the discretion of the teacher. A 10% administration fee will be charged in case of refund.
- All Rates, Offers & Rewards are at the discretion of BKS IYENGAR YOGA STUDIO.
Reminders & Class Etiquette
Before coming to class:
- Yoga is preferably practiced on an empty stomach or two hours after a light meal.
- You are required to come to classes and workshops in shorts or any attire that shows your knees so the teacher can check that your legs are aligned and working.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before class to get ready.
- Some students are allergic to strong scents, please avoid using perfume or cologne.
- Classes start on time. A student runs the risk of being turned away when they come in late. The beginning of the classes is essential as they prepare the practitioner for the main focus of the class (to prevent injury).
- Yoga mats, blankets, and other props are provided.
- A shower facility is available for use. Please bring your own towels and toiletries.
When you arrive, please
- Fill out the Student Registration and Release of Liability form (new students) before the class/workshop.
- Keep your personal belongings inside the props room.
- Set your phone on silent and no vibration mode.
- Clean your hands and feet.
- Get your spot and setup your mat and props as needed.
- Inform your teacher before class if you have any medical issues or concerns, or if you are currently pregnant or menstruating.
- Permission to attend class is at the discretion of the teacher.
- Only drink before and after an Iyengar yoga class.
- Please tuck in your shirt.
- Breath smoothly and continuously as you move and stretch.
- Clean the mat and put all props back in the closet neatly.