We encourage students to attend classes on a regular/weekly basis. It’s crucial to understand that students’ consistency in practice has generally achieved a better learning result regardless of class level. A prolonged study at every level leads towards a steadfast progress in the art and science of yoga.
Level I (1hr 15 mins)
Beginners, as well as those who have done yoga but are unfamiliar with the Iyengar style or have lapsed in their practice. The classes cover basic standing and sitting asanas, and preparatory for Inversions, such as Salamba Sarvangasana (shoulder stand).
General (1hr 15 mins)
Once you become more or less proficient in the basic classes and are able to come up into Salamba Sarvangasana (shoulderstand) on your own, you may be allowed to join the General classes.
Students with less than 3 months of regular practice are recommended to attend LEVEL I and/or INTRODUCTORY SERIES.
Gentle (1hr 15 mins)
This slower-paced class is taught with more modifications and props to accommodate students (not limited to elderlies) who require a softer, well-supported, and special assistance practice.
Introductory (1hr 15 mins)
An Introductory to Iyengar Series (an 8-week course) is one of the options to start your yoga practice. Learn the fundamentals of Iyengar yoga in a systematic manner, and build up your strength and understanding while learning how to use your body.
Absolute beginners may be advised to attend the Introductory classes after their first trial.
“This art can be practiced by young or old, weak or strong, firm or infirm, irrespective of gender and under any climatic conditions.
However, the practice must be done according to the requirements of the individual, the circumstances, and temperament.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
Drop-in $ 32
5 classes $ 150
10 classes $ 250
30 classes $ 660
* Effective from 1 January 2022.
* First trial is $ 18 donations to Singapore Children’s Society. WhatsApp +65-98287508.
* Transaction fee applied for online credit card payment.
* Terms & conditions applied. Click here.
UEN number: 53406252X
Entity name: BKS Iyengar Yoga Studio
You may make Cash payment, iBanking or PayNow.
For payment via PayNow,
1) You must have registered the PayNow service
2) Login to your internet banking mobile app
3) Scan the QR code on this page, or enter our UEN number: 53406252X
4) Verify the entity name: BKS Iyengar Yoga Studio
5) Enter the amount
6) Indicate the membership plan you intend to purchase as the Bill Reference
7) Click “Confirm / OK / Send Payment” to complete the payment
Credit card payment for the membership plan is only available via the booking app.
Policy (Terms & Conditions)
- All packages and products sold are non-cancellable, non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Payment and Registration must happen before CLASS begins. New Students please complete the Student Registration and Release of Liability form before CLASS starts to be admitted.
- Class booking is COMPULSORY. Please make your own booking via mobile app.
- Regular classes will be made available for booking one week prior to class date. Student size per class is limited, please refrain from overcommitting your time, as a consequence, to have to reschedule your booking.
- Booking cancellation is not allowed once you submit your booking. Please reschedule your booking 12 hours before class via WhatsApp +65 9828 7508. No reminder will be given for a rescheduled booking.
- Stay at home and see a medical professional if you feel unwell. Please don’t force yourself to come to class. Cancellation will be accepted under this circumstance.
- All Rates, Offers & Rewards are at the discretion of BKS IYENGAR YOGA STUDIO.
Reminders & Class Etiquette
Before coming to class:
- Yoga is preferably practiced on an empty stomach (at least four hours) or two hours after a light meal.
- You are required to come to classes and workshops in shorts or any attire that shows your knees so the teacher can check that your legs are aligned and working.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before class to get ready.
- Classes start on time. A student runs the risk of being turned away when they come in late.
The beginning of the classes is essential as they prepare the practitioner for the main focus of the class (to prevent injury).
- If you arrive late, please wait outside the room until the invocation ends.
- Some students are allergic to strong scents, please avoid using perfume or cologne.
- Yoga mats, blankets, and other props are provided.
- Please bring a towel if you are prone to sweat.
- A shower facility is available for use. Please bring your own towels and toiletries.
When you arrive, please
- Fill out the Student Registration and Release of Liability form (new students) before the class/workshop.
- Keep your personal belongings (including jewelries, watches and the bottle of water) inside the provided shelves.
- Set your phone on silent and no vibration mode.
- Clean your hands and feet.
- Get your spot and setup your mat and props as needed.
- Inform your teacher before class if you have any medical issues or concerns, or if you are currently pregnant or menstruating.
- Permission to attend class is at the discretion of the teacher.
- Only drink before and after an Iyengar yoga class.
- Please tuck in your shirt.
- Breath smoothly and continuously as you move and stretch.
- Clean the mat and put all props back neatly per teacher’s instruction.